Wednesday 3 July 2013

holiday diaries....



 We are so ready for the summer break here and school holidays are a good excuse to plan some fun... we tend to holiday at home in the summer...since the boys were small we have always planned out the summer hols so that there is a good balance of going out and staying home...not going out to work gives me the freedom to be around, but it also means we have to stick to a budget...


 

when the boys were small I would make a little book and get them to decorate the cover and then we would write in it every time we did something..I did this so they will have a record of what we got up to when they were young but also it serves as good reference for when you are stuck for something to do in the next holidays...


 as they are getting older I changed the format last year to a fold out postcard book...inspired by lovely Ingrid


so now we buy a postcard whenever we go anywhere to fill in and add to our book....I  hoard keep fab stamps from all over the place and stick them on...


 I love looking back through the old ones and seeing their writing and drawings...they bring back such happy memories...



I have started collecting a few postcards in anticipation of this summer holiday and am planning a few trips to pick up some more... roll on summer :)
x x x x x x x x